Got a `first` last night !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I posted this bowl I made on the forum some time back and since then I`ve altered it slightly and took it along to our club competition last night and pleased to say I came away with a `first` so quite pleased with meself at the moment :D
Cheers
Steve

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

Thanks again chaps quite humbling considering what you lot churn out .
Hope to pursue these Celtic knots a bit further.
Steve

Congratulations Steve. I really like it. Could I ask how you did the celtic knots?

Hi Jen
I had part of the design in a Pyro book I have which was 1/8th circumference wide and I just kept enlarging it on the pc until it fitted my size bowl then transferred it via graphite paper then Pyro'd the in-between bits. You can see the design repeats every 1/8 round the circumference which you need to join it all ok!
Cheers
Steve

gasmansteve":1e6ehyfj said:
Thanks again chaps quite humbling considering what you lot churn out .
Hope to pursue these Celtic knots a bit further.
Steve
Good Luck with the Celtic knots they're endless :lol:

Well done Steve, quite a high contrast piece, strong design and texturing on a very strongly figured wood and yet it works.

No excuses now, need to be in the first three each club night from now on, no slacking.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Got me rooting round for another piece of Ash now :D. Acquired some Pear the other day and it looks interesting for `burning` on don`t know if anyone has tried pyro on Pear before?
Steve

I think it is a fantastic bit/bowl there. It is just amazing to look at.. you can see soo much detail. As above the grain, the pattern of the knot. There must have been a good reason why you won first place... and you should be proud. but seeing what your capable of .... there is no excuse now what you can and cant do! you obviously have talent and hopefully it wont remain dormant!

Keep up the fantastic work.. no doubt you will be selling them or even having fantastic show pieces all over your home!!!!!

Bravo Sir!

Back