Google Maps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradNaylor

Established Member
Reaction score
I was messing about with the satellite photos on google maps just now. I found my workshop and my car is parked outside.

I followed my route home half a mile away only to find...

...my car parked outside!

How does this work, then?

The photos are not all taken on the same day. Even if relatively close. Some areas may have had updated photos due to errors etc. The technology can stich them together in such a way that it looks seamless (but isn't if you want to get nerdy about it.

Or maybe there's some sort of conspiracy going on... I'm sure the paranoid members will be a long soon... :roll: :lol:

And just like in the Wizard of Oz the sun always shines!

Roy.

The images may have been taken on different days or else different times of the same day, it depends on the flight path that the plane took. Do the shadows give a clue as to the time of day each was taken?

The new Streetview photos of my particular road are about 12 months old and they took about 10 minutes to complete each cul de sac so cars can "move".

David

Also you'll find differences of 2ys or more between street view, google earth and other services like MS Live, etc.

Latest posts

Back