Fox Planer & Thicknesser £140!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm suprised no one has come along yet with the old you get what you pay for!

I wonder what performance is like, but in my small garage and with small budget does look good!

I have one, well two actually, bought the last time they were reduced at Rutlands. The first one sent had planing tables completely out of parellel so i phoned up and asked for a replacement and they told me to contact Fox directly (I always assumed legally my contract was with them ?). To Fox's credit they arranged a replacement straight away and told me it wasn't worth their while picking up the one i had. As a machine they are basic and crude and the fence is a joke, a piece of thick card would do a better job, but you can easily make a better one yourself. I managed to plane all of the oak i needed for my two recent projects and would say they are worth £140. Looking at recent postings on the price of PAR i probably saved this amount on one project alone.

Phil

yer i was worried about this this not being very good as i see it on ebay.

but as a hobbyist dont want to spend to much on a plainer thicknesser but i think i do need one... as needs the wood to be jointed and to even thickness for all bits wood to then make anything.

the Axminster AWEPT106 Planer/Thicknesser @ £400 is bit more than i would like to pay... but if i need to pay this much to get something that will easily get good results then i guess i need to but just wondering is there others out there towards low end price that do a good job..

i wont use it every day
dont want to much hassle setup wise and for a garage so smaller the better in that sense.
works and is not poop

Lark I have similar thoughts as you, lack of space but don't want to waste money. I was suprised in a recent thread when the vast majority rubbished £4-500 P/T as total rubbish! I'd thought by then you would get something quite good!

now it is £99 wow but i dont know weather it that good or to much hassle

i want the machine to last and be good but under 400 what brings me to the
sip or the Axminster AWEPT106 Planer/Thicknesser

a one off by that keeps working and no need for upgrade.. but dont have to be for some one who does it for a job

Back