Footswitch for Hegner Scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finneyb":3qij280o said:
Can't see a CE mark on the foot switch - is this legal? I suspect it is not. Which raises the question of why Amazon are selling it - knowing Amazon they will have some smart answer ( that may or may not be correct).

Brian

Amazon aren't selling it, they are telling you where to buy it and taking your money to pass on to the seller. Allegedly. :D

Mmmm ! Sometimes its best not to buy cheap!! Bought one of these footswitches from Amazon, arrived smartly and from the outside it looked a robust bit of kit. No instruction on wiring but thanks to this forum I found the diagram and followed it to the letter. All very straight forward. The terminals are fairly near to the metal casing , so heeded advice and placed some old rubber mat as insulation.

Fired up saw, with vacuum attached to synchronise extraction.All worked fine for a bit then the smell of rubber started together with a nice cloud of smoke.

Not sure what went wrong, but its in the bin!

martinka":1s8esidp said:
finneyb":1s8esidp said:
Can't see a CE mark on the foot switch - is this legal? I suspect it is not. Which raises the question of why Amazon are selling it - knowing Amazon they will have some smart answer ( that may or may not be correct).

Brian

Amazon aren't selling it, they are telling you where to buy it and taking your money to pass on to the seller. Allegedly. :D

Allegedly (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) It came in an Amazon box with a Dunfermline return address; looks to me as if Amazon are the importers - with responsibilities.

Brian

Dai_The_Eye":q1ez3qf8 said:
Mmmm ! Sometimes its best not to buy cheap!! Bought one of these footswitches from Amazon, arrived smartly and from the outside it looked a robust bit of kit. No instruction on wiring but thanks to this forum I found the diagram and followed it to the letter. All very straight forward. The terminals are fairly near to the metal casing , so heeded advice and placed some old rubber mat as insulation.

Fired up saw, with vacuum attached to synchronise extraction.All worked fine for a bit then the smell of rubber started together with a nice cloud of smoke.

I'd open the box and see what's gone wrong and then speak with Amazon, let them sort it out.

Brian

finneyb":uuhq61ds said:
martinka":uuhq61ds said:
finneyb":uuhq61ds said:

Brian

Allegedly (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) It came in an Amazon box with a Dunfermline return address; looks to me as if Amazon are the importers - with responsibilities.

Brian

Hmm, mine came from Hong Kong and both times took at least a week to get here. No Amazon box either.

Dai_The_Eye":21ldtp21 said:

The microswitch went faulty on my first one so I emailed Sourcingmap and they sent me a complete new footswitch. I repaired the original with a microswitch for a couple of quid from Maplin.

I bought one it came via Hong Kong post in just over a week. It's easy to pick fault with it and it doesn't have a CE mark but none of that was a problem to me it is a robust bit of kit and for less than the price of 40 fags I am well happy with it.

Latest posts

Back