Fire safety/Fire extinguishers - what to buy etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even smoking cigarettes takes 30/40 years of doing it constantly to end up with chronic issues.
I was serving a dozen or so newly qualified doctors in a bar one night (20 years ago) and commented that I was surprised most of them smoked. They said it was fine, it did no harm so long as you gave up by the time you were thirty.

I seem to remember that when I worked in a refinery in the Middle East they had to use a special fire fighting foam as the normal stuff was made of pigs' blood (a no-no for Muslims, of course)

I seem to remember that when I worked in a refinery in the Middle East they had to use a special fire fighting foam as the normal stuff was made of pigs' blood (a no-no for Muslims, of course)
From 1979 Oe blood foam agents were to be phasd out. The Armed forces used up stock.
They new agent is commonly called AFFF.

I remember reading that a problem at the time of the Indian Mutiny was that beef fat and pork fat were used in the making of shells so offending both Muslims and Hindus.

Back