DeWalt sawbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Britton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello forum, a question for users of DeWalt DWE7 485 sawbenches. This sort of stuff is a little new for me and I'm 'storing' it for my son.
The sawbench is fine to use, cuts nicely and so on however, the sliding cross-cut fence which fits into the grooves on the bench is unacceptably sloppy - no, it's not worn, the sawbench is virtually new. Before I set to and make a more accurate sliding fence has anyone experienced similar issues with the equipment which fit in the bench top grooves? If so, how did you overcome it?

Hello forum, a question for users of DeWalt DWE7 485 sawbenches. This sort of stuff is a little new for me and I'm 'storing' it for my son.
The sawbench is fine to use, cuts nicely and so on however, the sliding cross-cut fence which fits into the grooves on the bench is unacceptably sloppy - no, it's not worn, the sawbench is virtually new. Before I set to and make a more accurate sliding fence has anyone experienced similar issues with the equipment which fit in the bench top grooves? If so, how did you overcome it?
I have the dw 745 lx and had the same issue. Fix no1 was to super glue shims to the sides of the 💩💩💩💩 supplied m/gauge and then file / sand down to get a satisfactory fit ( I used cut down razor blades ) it worked a lot better and improved the accuracy but adjusting it for angle cuts was almost impossible. The 2nd option after confirming the mitre slot was the standard size was to bite the bullet and replace the m/g with an incra 1000se . Not cheap and had to import from the USA but once set up it gives me multiple angles, came with the flip stop for repeat cuts and is awesome. More than accurate for my skill level. There are now plenty of good quality gauges out there from uk suppliers. A good quality m/g will transform your saw -just make sure the gauge clears the blade before switching on and making the cut .

I have the dw 745 lx and had the same issue. Fix no1 was to super glue shims to the sides of the 💩💩💩💩 supplied m/gauge and then file / sand down to get a satisfactory fit ( I used cut down razor blades ) it worked a lot better and improved the accuracy but adjusting it for angle cuts was almost impossible. The 2nd option after confirming the mitre slot was the standard size was to bite the bullet and replace the m/g with an incra 1000se . Not cheap and had to import from the USA but once set up it gives me multiple angles, came with the flip stop for repeat cuts and is awesome. More than accurate for my skill level. There are now plenty of good quality gauges out there from uk suppliers. A good quality m/g will transform your saw -just make sure the gauge clears the blade before switching on and making the cut .
now, that is helpful, thanks Bingy, to be honest I've only unpacked the sawbench in the past day or so as my lad only dropped it off last week. I'll look at the Incra 1000SE' Thanks.

Piece of plywood.

Strop of plastic or hardwood cut the width of the slot mounted on underside of the plywood and another at bottom edge of plywood = sliding table.

now, that is helpful, thanks Bingy, to be honest I've only unpacked the sawbench in the past day or so as my lad only dropped it off last week. I'll look at the Incra 1000SE' Thanks.
Yep although loads of good quality gauges now available the incra imo is the best , no set up issues, came calibrated so apart from setting the cams to give a tight fit it was ready to go . One of the reasons I purchased the dewalt was the standard mitre slot and the fence locked at both ends ( noisy but I can live with that ) just check the mitre slot on your table ..

If the thick end of £250 isn't to your liking, there are multiple YT vids for making your own and about half the cost or less, depending on which version you choose from which do include extruded aluminium frames etc, that are just as good and accurate.

The actual parts of an incra can all be replicated by a person whom is moderately handy and all the angles can be laid out as well. I've seen one made from a cheap plastic protractor from a channel JSK-Koubou and he is a wizard at making things and showing the process really easily.

Infact I recommend his channel regardless, JSK-Koubou.

Latest posts

Back