Delivery Charges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mailee":510jhuaz said:
I have just had a surprise with postage recently as I wanted to send a unit to Newcastle. It only weighs around 10kg but is 1500 x 250 x 450. Due to the size it had to be shipped as an item which weighed 46kg! and that made the cost £130!! I can lift it with one hand! :shock: Every company i tried quoted in the hundreds to courier it! Needless to say I am delivering it for the cost of my fuel....and a cuppa. :lol:

Try www.interparcel.com

Should cost £20.49 + VAT

I am always amazed that people believe that there is such a thing as free delivery.

It's either shown, or built into the price.

For example, I was looking for some 4 Bessey clamps clamps.

One supplier, grand total, £194.47, with a delivery charge of £5.75, clearly shown.

Well known tool supplier, same clamps, total price, £271.76, but, hey, delivery is free!!

ace":2x6mykg1 said:
I am always amazed that people believe that there is such a thing as free delivery................
.....used by eBay because they have low expectation of their buyer's intelligence or ability to see the con. Of course the only people they are fooling are themselves. :roll:

RogerP":3m62xsbd said:
ace":3m62xsbd said:
I am always amazed that people believe that there is such a thing as free delivery................
.....used by eBay because they have low expectation of their buyer's intelligence or ability to see the con. Of course the only people they are fooling are themselves. :roll:

Roger P,

I think its all in the mind... due to my location, I get well shafted for delivery even with a toll free bridge, but if I get my delivery to Kyle on the mainland, for many items its free. For large items its worth the drive (60 miles round trip).

My view in general is I would rather pay £19.99 post paid than 15.99 plus £3.99 postage. All in the mind !!

O.K. I know its daft but..... #-o

Don't forget....I pay the same for a stamp here as I would in London, Birmingham, Glasgow etc.

Well i think i found the ultimate p*ss take earlier on delivery charges. Needing a new hard hat for work i was browsing via ebay. One seller offering free delivery via RM 2nd class has the option to upgrade to RM special next day - not the before 9am version. For a grand total of £45 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I only use RM for small items, and interprcels own service for big ones (they use ups).

Hermes\etc are just useless. I had a phone that didn't arrive, and multiple calls found that they could not deliver till tomorrow, the courier (old lady in a batters fiesta) was "the other side of runcorn" (no more than 5 miles) and she left a card and I wasn't in ( I work from home and was).

When it was identified she tried to deliver to the wrong house, she was at my door within 10 minutes.

Utterly useless and using the cheapest possible labour with no concern for the customer.

If I knew an order was being sent by one of them tin pot companies I would prefer to spend more and use a proper courier.

Latest posts

Back