cutting formica

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
i have quite a few parts in my workshop to do
I can't get the router at a few parts so need a clean cut on 2 sides before its fitted
can I cut on ts or am I better clamping to mdf and using a router?
I strangely have a couple of ts blades that must have a couple of hundred teeth each
not a clue where they came from, but wondered if they are for this purpose
I am wary of the fact it could slip under fence so would use a false board to stop this

Steve

If you cut sheet material that has been laminated on both sides and use a standard Table Saw to cut the sheet, then you will almost certainly have some breakout/chipping on the underside side of the sheet (the side that faces the table saw top).

You can use a special saw blade for laminate cutting (triple chip) that will drastically reduce chipping on the underside of the sheet material but you may still have some. I would trim the edges using a router if I was you. Some people have a saw with a scribing blade which will give a clean cut to both sides but you still need to have blades in very good condition otherwise chipping can still occur on the underside of the cut.

Mark

Latest posts

Back