Compressor recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another that went to Aldi this morning. I was after the 15 metre retractable airline. Gob smacked at the quality, all heavy duty steel and as robust as a tank. Will pull out to whatever length required and lock there until a tug on the line will auto retract it. For this quality a fantastic buy. Also managed to get the Brad and staple gun as well as the cutoff tool and the Spot blaster. Very happy with all and a 3 year warranty as well.

John

Hi karl,

I have this one
3300584275_1777fed693.jpg

which i think has been replaced with this newer one

I've been using it for about 18 months and use it for 16g nails of 32-65mm and find i get about 7-10 nails before it has to start compressing again. the other main use i have it for is when thicknessing my p/t doesn't clear the chips very well and find a quick blast with the air gun stop them getting squasted in to the wood.

my compressor give up to 8 bar which should be good enough for up to framing nails. my only worry would be for painting but i can borrow am dad's compressor which is much bigger, if i every get the courage to give spraying a go.

this compressor is quiet with a low hum (though mine makes a strange high pitch noise, but only in the last couple of months), but my dad's makes a real noise and thats what made me spend the extra money

i don't think you live far from me if you want you can come and see them both in action

pete

Hi Karl,
further to my last reply - I have been out to the shed tonight (when all is quiet) and started the compressor again. I seriously DOUBT the reported 97db noise level - it is nowhere near as loud as my MM Tiger compressor. Maybe this is due to the air intake silencer?
The more i have explored this kit the more I am impressed.
IMO get to Aldi quickly before they have all gone.
ps. I saw these at Aldi last year and um'd and arr'd about it - when I returned to buy one they had all gone so I had to wait since last February!
Chris

I went down to Aldi this morning to buy one of their compressors. Got it home, set it up, turned it on and promptly turned it off again. Christ is it noisy. Just as noisy as the table saw.

It is a great value bit of kit, but way too loud for my 'shop. So back it went. I did get one of the retractable lines though.

So i'm definitely going down the route of a silent compressor.

Cheers

Karl

Karl, if its mainly for bradding take a look at the tiny Senco compressor I saw one on display in my local Festool dealer it was only £100 and they said it was very quiet and its so small can be carried with one hand. It was no good for me as it could'nt run my big t nailer but they do a bigger twin cylinder one which would. Try to look at one if you can you wont believe how small it is and it very well made too.

http://www.senco-international.com/Desk ... tails.ascx

PC1010_s.jpg

Bambi compressors are nice, but on the v. expensive side, like the jun-air ones and most of them are small output. But for low output, quality and quietness the medical/dental spec machines are difficult to beat. Seen a few Jun-air and Bambis go for reasonable prices s/h on that auction site if you are willing to wait for the right deal. Even then they wouldn't be in the same ballpark as the cheap compressors.

Back