Cocobolo handeled Carcass Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klaus Kretschmar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi woodworkers,

after making saws together with Pedder for about 2 years now, we realized that we´ve made quite a number of customized saws but not for ourselves. Our own saw tills look poor when looking for a TLT saw :? So we decided to make some saws for ourseleves in 2011, too.

The first was a 14" Carcass Saw with Cocobolo handle. Pedder shows his one on our blog

http://two-lawyers-toolworks.blogspot.com/

I want to show mine here.

It´s Carcass Saw in the sash saw size. Blade length 14"; depth at the heel 3", at the toe 2-3/4"; thickness 0.020" (I like fine bladed saws). It´s toothed cross cut to 11 TPI. The closed handle of mine got a slightly different design compared to Pedders. The top horn is a little thinner, the hook has curved chamfers to make it look some lighter and the dolphin cut is slightly deeper. Some pics:

P1020113.JPG

P1020106.JPG

P1020107.JPG

The lambs tongue is relatively deep cut, 2 close-ups to show it:

P1020097.JPG

P1020098.JPG

The saw cuts quick and true but ... it´s a bear to start :lol: It requests a start on the pull stroke, what I´m not a real fan of.

Klaus

Very nice Klaus.
Will you take the front angle back a bit next time you sharpen? Or are you content to put up with the difficult start and keep the fast cut?

Richard T":2bhphu64 said:
Will you take the front angle back a bit next time you sharpen? Or are you content to put up with the difficult start and keep the fast cut?

I hope to get soon familiar with the saw as it is. I´d hate to relax the rake since I like quick cutting saws. We´ll see.

Klaus

Very nice indeed =D> =D> =D>

I think you may have just inspired me as to the timber choice for the handles on the next plane I do!

Keep up the good work!

Edd

Cocobolo is a wonderful wood...beautiful colour and figuring but you bring out the true beauty of the wood in ways others can't!

Another great productions from the legal team...!!! And nice to see you are on a Win Win No Fee basis now!! (for yourselves!)

Jim

angles and curves - great to see in combination

as Jim has said, beautiful wood made to look even better.

Klaus Kretschmar":3ph22lcm said:
I want to show mine here.

It is very very beautiful. My most sincere congratulations. You become increasingly skilled.

Andrea

Back