Co. Durham outlet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've been in NYT, have you tried Darlo timber and if so how do they compare on price and quality?

[/list][/quote]

yo_chuci,
I have a cheap table saw I'll hopefully be getting rid of soon, do you fancy it? I've just put a £55 fence on it but I'll be going cheap.
DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

Leigh

eggflan":3eal6044 said:
yo_chuci":3eal6044 said:
got the odd good piece from the reclamation place futher up the road too..

Oh i forgot about them , you can get a good deal if you dont mind rummaging around for dirty old timber that cleans up nice with a bit of work 8)

in his shop he has some proper tools too... planer thicknesser that is huge and on a cast base. looks like it 40yr old. TS to match etc...
if you ask nice when buying wood he might rip it down for you also...

leighf":2cib8va9 said:
Yes, I've been in NYT, have you tried Darlo timber and if so how do they compare on price and quality?

just used darlo timber for my decking (was cheaper than westwood beside croft) tho i only bought a bunch of treated 4x2s and a fencepost.
rang them at 4pm on a fri and dropped down and they had it all for me ready to go as they were shut at 4.30.

leighf":2dx60e3e said:
yo_chuci,
I have a cheap table saw I'll hopefully be getting rid of soon, do you fancy it? I've just put a £55 fence on it but I'll be going cheap.

Leigh

give me a shout when its going. i'll see what the finances are like... can't promise anything tho but thanks for the offer either way...
what is it.

It's a table saw that cuts wood :lol: , apart from that I couldn't say. Handed down from my dad, it's been a good tool for me. Just build these garage cupboards with it.
DSC00377.jpg

Hi Leigh.

I'm happy with the saw, as are the majority of the forum members who own the TS200. Not the best by any means and you will have to play around with it to get it right, but as they say you get what you pay for. I see it's £330 now, it was £250 when I bought it.

Phil

Leigh what fence did you put on the old one?

Another vote for Darlington Timber - always had excellent service from them,and good quality timber (doesn't stock whitewood at all,as he says "it's sh*te!") and they got hold of birch ply when I asked for some.
I generally only want small section hardwood,and tend to go to John Boddys at Boroughbridge.
And also not unknown to buy timber from e-bay (whole trees included.. :oops: )

Andrew

Karl":1vh16zet said:
wizer":1vh16zet said:
Believe me, the nickname is Ironic ;)

People often think that buying something with the intention of trying out is deceiving or wrong. But it's not. The law is there for the exact reason you stated in your original post.

Tom - are you sure that you are permitted to actually USE an item before return??? I thought the item had to be unused and in original condition so that it could be re-sold as "new".

Cheers

Karl
I don't think it can be resold as 'new' if it has even been opened. Pretty sure that's the case anyway.

Thanks very much for doing that Leigh, it helps a lot. I think I'm going to put one of those on my TS200.

got the odd good piece from the reclamation place futher up the road too..

This place must be closed been past it today and another company has opened making gates and fences.

Leigh

been away all week so just read this... will have a bump past over weekend and have a look.
i friend wanted some boards for raised beds from there too..

went past tonight.. j and j reclamation still is there... next to the big barn that was burnt down towards the top of whessoe rd. on right as you head north.
north york timber still there... shares its site with sw ironcraft who make gates etc.

dunno if jj had a sign out when you went past as they make alot of stuff on the site so might have been advertising.

I thought there was a pace just opposite the scrap yard on the rhs just as you drive down whesso road towards B&Q??? Is the place ur on about at the other end of the road, as you go out of town?

Back