Carbatec lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a bit of good fortune today. After having advertised for a mini lathe for several weeks, a friend of mine returned from Spain today..... bringing with him my old Carbatec lathe which I had left with him when I returned to the UK 3 years ago & forgotten all about. It's also called the 'Windsor Precision Lathe', & was manufactured in 1992, but is like new. It differs from the more recent Carbatecs as it has a gap bed, which means attaching the motor underneath the headstock is out!! The 1/5th HP induction motor has to be mounted under the bench on 4 studs to give some adjustment & the belt is about 3 times longer. It has 4 pulley speeds with no variable speed control. Another interesting point is that it does not have Bristol locking levers, & has solid steel levers with plastic knobs which are machined in such a way as not to be in the way when tightened. I'm very pleased with getting it back after all this time, so my thanks to all those who kept a lookout for a mini lathe for me. I am also collecting a Record RPML 300 this week, which is slightly bigger, but it now looks like I'm almost set up in my tiny shed.

Back