Blade holder / scraper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one any idea what sort of blade this holds
20230821_181255.jpg
20230821_181950.jpg

That tool was originally for old-style razor blades (Gillette, Wilkinson Sword etc) - my Dad used to keep the dull blades that he'd shaved with and used them in the tool - especially good for scraping paint off glass.

That tool was originally for old-style razor blades (Gillette, Wilkinson Sword etc) - my Dad used to keep the dull blades that he'd shaved with and used them in the tool - especially good for scraping paint off glass.
Good to know I'd tried stanley knives blades didn't hold in very well,

there was a well known company in Sheffield that patented those razor scrapers. the razors are now from India.

I got it in a joblot of tools I bought when I got my lathe a couple of years ago,i was more interested in the measuring tools dividers calipers etc just come across it again

Last edited:
There was a name on handle looks like it says signal which was a brand made by Cooper and sons sheffield

Last edited:
This is mine it also takes razor blades you had to orientate the blade 90° left or right made by John Watts of Sheffield, I find Stanley blades much better for scraping as they are thicker
IMG_20230823_194210_397.jpg
IMG_20230823_194806_565.jpg

Back