Best fixing to use screws or just glue? (see picture)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeliGav

Established Member
Reaction score
The rough dimensions of the wood pieces are 69mm, 69mm, 275mm. what do you think is the best way to secure them to each other, would glue alone be strong enough? a single screw in each corner can allows it to move which was annoying. any ideas welcome..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 19.16.53.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 19.16.53.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 199
is it a table, butchers block with space for drawers or something else. Glue and hidden dowels, biscuits, dominos etc would be my choice. Ah just looked at the measurements so a coffee table or bedside table, hee hee

mini coffee table... I don't have access to a domino not that rich unfortunately! what size dowels would you use and could you point me in the direction of a kit or something??? thanks

drill through all but the top one for threaded rod. In the top pieces install threaded inserts from the bottom. Counterbore at the bottom for flat washer and hex nut.

Might have make it abit bigger for my lady lol thanks guys, think ill go down the clamps and glue route until i win the lottery and afford a domino machine!

Your Jenga will be ruined if you domino it. The best way to win (in my experience) is to get the opposition to drink more than you do!

i would use a chunky dowel, into an oversized hole in the mating component. I made a similar thing with sleeper sized pieces, which obviously had the weight advantage. I needed to allow them to move and crack etc, so application is a bit different. I also wanted to be able to disassemble them to move the piece if necessary.

Latest posts

Back