Best day ever!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karfeef

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I decided to try my hand at a little wood working, I've been looking for some form of bench. It had very specific requirements, in terms of size, stability, features and cost. Basically I was after something that had an end and side vice, could easily fit a space of less than 2m x 1m...oh and cheap, very cheap.

After searching, I thought this was going to be pretty much impossible, just the footprint alone was the killer on most benches i saw.

Last night, I happened on an advert in gumtree, for a bench that fit all requirements, and was only £20. Too good to be true I thought, must be broken or something. Turns out to be a school bench that is being sold along with about 8 others. In great condition. I even walked away with 2 5ft boards of some hard wood...not sure what it is.

Love days like this :)

ymazehag.jpg
yqa2epab.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300

Jammy or what? =D>
Should have bought the lot and done them up a bit to make some cash.

Bob

I even love the obligatory names scratched into it...there is 'Julie loves skin 4 Eva' on it :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300

hi kf
i too am looking for a bench - as i am local to you, i think, could you pm me the details.
cheers paul

karfeef":1prk75af said:
I even love the obligatory names scratched into it...there is 'Julie loves skin 4 Eva' on it :-D
Great isn't it :lol:

I have an old school bench I've had for over 30 years and it's been "signed" as well :lol:
I got a load of old hardwood science bench tops a few years ago which read like a book. Brings back a lot of memories :wink:

Bet you have a lot of fun doing up your new bench.

Bob

Have a look at the Lervad website to see what a bargain you got !
I use a 610 at home - it's much better than the Sjobergs it replaced
Your bench was part of a large group bench and now it's separated it would benefit from a more substantial base with shelves for heavy tools like clamps or planes
Matt

Latest posts

Back