Bandsaw Resaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richardsth

Established Member
Reaction score
If a Bandsaw is advertised as a resaw bandsaw, can it be utilised as a standard bandsaw for general cutting, or is its sole function is for resawing only? I’m after a large heavy duty bandsaw and don’t want to purchase two machines.

thanks

Have a look at what min blade depth, I've seen some that only go down to 1/2", much to big for shaped and circular cuts of smaller diameters I do now and again.

Ah yes, that didn’t occur to me. Most of the ones that I’ve seen come with 3 or 4 inch blades, which isnt suitable for me. I guess I’ll go fo for two machines.

The Wadkin DR bandsaw looks somewhat capable of both, but that kinda application is well over my paygrade.

Worth noting on the overseas woodworking machinery forum OWWM, the amount of Yeats Snowflake's and Tannewitz bandsaw users using narrow blades
like Brian Boggs for instance

Be interesting to see what your cutting

Tom

Unless you're going be resawing on a commercial scale, a substantial conventional bandsaw will doing everything. You'll just need a variety of blades.
My largish bandsaw (now sold) was advertised, when new, as having resaw capability, which is why I bought it. All that meant was that it had a strong frame and was capable of taking a 2" blade. In practice a 2" was not very practical or necessary.
The big resaw machines (Stenner) usually have a feeder built-in and are not general purpose bandsaws.
Brian

Back