Baby teether.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good but the bottom one looks like it wouldn't pass the EU choke test - the bottom would poke through the end of the 31.7 (I think) tuber used for testing. Whether this bothers you is another matter! If you're planning to make any of that thin design for sale in the future or even make them as part of a business and just give them away then the EU guidelines apply.

Duncanh, your right. The bottom one is about an inch at the narrow end. It's for my brother inlaws kid (not born yet) so I'll keep an eye and tell him about the regs you mentioned. And no, I'll not be selling any. Thanks mate.
Thanks jonzjob, I made a tool for getting the underneath bit of the rings. I used a mini paint roller frame believe it or not. It was the first bit of metal I found. Just flattened it off and ground the shape into it. Worked quite well.
Cherry is a dream to turn, (unlike the old pine I made table legs from) just like scooping ice cream.
Thanks for your comments.

If you love turning half as much as I do then I love turning twice as much as you, but once you are hooked then welcome aborde.

I was given a load of merusier, wild cherry over here, by a French neighbor a while back and it is, as you say, a dream to turn. It has such a lovely grain and as I have always said, you may have the shape when you are turning, this is English elm

BUT the biggest surprise is what you have when you stop the lathe and see the grain!

It is a wonderful hobby/profession/what ever and I for one love it.

Latest posts

Back