Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw review ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenw1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one of the above that can give us a quick review on it as am thinking of getting one but don't want to get a pup.

Am looking for one that will go in the shed, cut up to about 8'' deep (slowly obviously) but without the motor stopping every 2 seconds.

Cheers

Steven

Or, if anyone nearby has a s/hand big machine they may want to sell, get in touch.

I've got the SBW3501B and I'm very happy with it.

Before buying I looked at the AWHBS series and wasn't impressed. Perhaps I'm being to picky but some of the basic features of the machines, particularly the table mounts and the guides, seemed a bit on the cheap and nasty side, but then I guess you get what you pay for and the SBW is more expensive than the AWHBS.

I can confirm that the SBW, when equipped with a ToughSaws 3 tpi blade, can easily re-saw 8 inches of oak with no hint that it's struggling. In fact I was surprised at the speed of the cut.

Good luck,

Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw doesn't seem to be available any more at APT - has it been discontinued?

stevenw1963":15jg72p6 said:
Cheers Peter

No problem.

Whichever bandsaw you decide on, you should also checkout Steve Maskery's bandsaw setup DVD. Worth it's weight in gold!

Peter T":2jg2bk1w said:
stevenw1963":2jg2bk1w said:
Cheers Peter

No problem.

Whichever bandsaw you decide on, you should also checkout Steve Maskery's bandsaw setup DVD. Worth it's weight in gold!

Absolutely! That and Ian's blades and you can make an ordinary saw sing let alone a good one!

Jim

Back