axminister ts-250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lollogg

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have since 4 months the Axminister Ts-250 complete kit.
im very happy with it but i have one problem that i cannot solve, that is the dust exctraction.
Anyone have my same problem? the dust go every where and the suction system seems like not work.

I really cannot understand wich is the problem. i also done a 0 clearence bar but the dust go also every where.

Someone that have my same table saw can help me?

thank you (homer)

lollogg":24q5eahu said:
can anyone explain me how can i post image?

Upload to something like 'Photobucket', then copy the image url, and, after clicking on 'Img' whilst composing a forum reply, insert the url between these the two sets of square brackets

Does that make sense mate ?

thank you
so this is now my dust exctraction situation.
All the dust come out from every where except from the hole where it normally must come.
i really dont know where is the problem.

sorry for my bad english

IMG_3882.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

lollogg":gnizy661 said:
Sorry for my bad english

No need to apologise, perfectly good enough to get the details across and a considerably better stab at a none native language than many of us could attempt.

Circular Saws are notorious for spreading the dust everywhere, the open nature of the casing does not help.

One factor I note looking at your setup is that you are using small bore ducting via an adaptor to the saw outlet.

Sawdust is relatively heavy, to support it in an airflow needs a relatively large volume of air movement to entrap it and keep it suspended.

Think of it this way:-

The "Pipe" immediately below the blade is the size of the inside of the saw frame or box, any suction air below the blade is going to be travelling very slowly in relation to that in the 100mm? outlet, by going even smaller you are restricting the volume of air movement.

You need maximum airflow at low pressure, not reduced airflow at high pressure.
saw.jpg

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 925
+1 for CHJ's explanation replace the suction hose with 100 mm you need all the air flow you can get, stepping down then back up as you have there has reduced the air flow and the suction.

Seal up all the apertures including under the table, with whatever works for you. This will help limit dust spray and improve the vacuum effect. There are some good posts on fettling the TS200 on this site.

thank you for help me people i try to change the hose suction.
The problem is that my vacuum is a KARCKER WD 7.700, is not a normal woodworker vacuum.
Its powerful but the hole of air entrance is 50mm

lollogg":21i0ypfq said:
thank you for help me people i try to change the hose suction.
The problem is that my vacuum is a KARCKER WD 7.700, is not a normal woodworker vacuum.
Its powerful but the hole of air entrance is 50mm

What you really need for machines like a Table Saw is a Chip extractor which move a High Volume of Low Pressure Air.

This is the sort of device needed.

Hiya,

I am at work right now, so annoyingly cant see pictures but i too have the issue of the TS-250. I have it hooked up as recommended, i am using a shopvac, but yet more dust ends up on me than in the pot!

The guard too is worse that useless too, I found that by blocking its dust port (using duct tape ;-) ) it has helped a fair bit, sucking more air back down into the saw.

I am planning on making a bench with dust extraction in below it, when i do i will try a few of the tricks that have been made on the TS-200. When home i will try dig out the u-tube video later on it.

Jim

please Jim22 share with me your photo! i can better understand. Anyway this evening i try to remove the guard.

Latest posts

Back