Any thoughts on the Record BS300E

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_c

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a Record show coming to my local saw shop this weekend. I've been considering the BS300E as just being affordable at show prices. Has anyone any experience of this bandsaw?

Steve, I've got the 350 not the 300 but as far as I can see they are much the same other than for power and dimensions. I use /abuse mine and have had no problems with it. My most recent task was to deepsaw ash 185mm wide and (with a 3/4" 3 skip blade) it did it easily.

My only gripes would be the ease or otherwise of adjusting the lower guides and the flimsy wheels on the pedal wheel kit (or rather the flimsy metal bracket that holds the wheels and buckles)

Decide what you intend to use it for and make sure it can be done with the 300. if you go to the show there may be other makes to compare against.

i bought mine at a similar record show in Peterborough. I wrote a review that you should be able to search for

I've been to the saw shop a couple of times recently. The only other in my price range was a Metabo 317. I didn't think the build quality was up to that of the Record.

Oddsocks, your wheel kit. Do all the wheels swivel? I'm considering one as well but need all wheels to swivel as I have a confined space where it will stand but it will need moving to cut larger items.

here's my original review with pics - the wheelkit is on page 2

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums...sions-and-pics-t20001-15.html?highlight=bs350

The back two swivel so it is easy to manouver - but its the metal bracket that wheels are fixed to that is too weak (at least for the 350 - maybe the lighter weight of the 300 will be better). My wheels are now splayed, which means the clearance is not as good

If buying now I would be tempted to get the basic bandsaw and build a storage unit for it with wheels - but the deal included them

Dave

I'll look at the wheel kit and see if it's strong enough. Also check if I can replace the fixed wheel with swivels. I had thought about making my own retractable wheels but it may not be worth it for the £35 show price.

I see you're in the next county Dave. At last someone this side of the UK. I've not found an ebay buy this side of the country yet.

Back