Anyone Have A Coronet Number 3 Lathe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Oppressed Slave of Gary The Cat
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just picked up this lovely Lathe for £150 a few weeks ago.

b26a88150dc10ca26043c60013a19e46.jpg

It's still in bits on the floor in my dining room while I rebuild my stand for it. But it comes with 2 chucks plus 3 Jacobs chucks, 4 prong centres and some other bits I'm not sure what they are for.

But my question is does anyone have the bowl attachment for this Lathe and if so could they possibly take a picture if it set up please? I'm quite happy to get my own bowl attachment made up as it wasn't included in the sale but can't seem to find any pictures of the bowl attachment in use.

Thanks everyone

Mine's a record but it looks exactly the same - I'll take some pics later. It's a good bit of kit - not fancy but solid and has coped with everything i've thrown at it. The only down side to the bowl attachment is that it sticks out and is cast iron so you really don't want to catch it with your head when you stand up. I speak from experience - by gum it hurts :)

Here's a few pics of the bowl extension on my Record DML. I think it's essentially the same lathe - I'm sure someone will chip in if I'm mistaken :)

I find it a handy piece of kit (and was just lucky that it was on the lathe I bought locally off ebay a couple of years ago). I've turned up to 14" on it and find it works for me.

Bowl-1.jpg

Bowl-2.jpg

Bowl-3.jpg

Bowl-4.jpg

Bowl-5.jpg

Attachments

• Bowl-1.jpg
    Bowl-1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 3,121
  • Bowl-2.jpg
    Bowl-2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 3,122
  • Bowl-3.jpg
    Bowl-3.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 3,121
  • Bowl-4.jpg
    Bowl-4.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 3,123
  • Bowl-5.jpg
    Bowl-5.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 3,120
That's not quite the same as the Coronet's. The third link down in monkeybiter's post shows the turning extension. You then fit the main banjo onto it. The cranked part of the extension does flex and needs an improvised support leg to the floor.

It's a different shaped attachment but are the tube rails the same size, height from the bench and distance apart so that parts from one would fit the other? The DML and the old coronet look so similar that I suspect parts may be freely interchangeable. No doubt someone will have tried it :)

This is the CL3 and CL4 bowl attachment the tool rest holder is that way just so I don't catch my self on it and it is also swung out of the way as in the last photo

DSCF5315_zps6lq9sdhu.jpg

DSCF5314_zpsi1nkjvdd.jpg

DSCF5313_zpsapjqatnf.jpg

Back