Bandsaw blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alder

Established Member
Reaction score
I own a Metabo BAS 317 precision bandsaw. I never had much success with the supplied blades,in fact I never had great Success with the saw due in no small part to it placed in an awkward position in a very small shed. I have now moved the saw into a bigger shed but the problem persisted. Following a lot of advice on this forum I bought a blade from Tuffsaw. This proved far too long and could not be tensioned properly.
The instruction book for the saw stated a length 2240mm. The Tuffsaw was 2470mm
I had also asked the firm that supplied the bandsaw for an additional blade and this came from Dakin Flathers and hey presto I now have success. I have measured the new blade and it is slightly shorter than the original blades. Any body else on this forum tried Dakin Flathers or another company which advertises in some magazines Hamilton Beverstock.
Can anybody advise me on the length blade they use on their Metabo BAS 317 precision
Thank You in anticipation,
Russell

If the manual stated a length, why didn't you order that length from tuffsaws?

I stated the make and model to Tuffsaw and they seemed satisfied with that. It is too long ago to return it, cut my losses and move on.
The length given by Rodders of 88.25 inches matches what was on the invoice which I have now found. This does not explain the difference with my instruction book but it does give confidence order another blade at that length and not what it says in the book.
Thank You
Russell

you could check the blade length by tape a tape measure on the blade and go round, etc etc.
Rodders

Baldhead":3595qvmx said:
Russell if I were you would contact Ian at Tuffsaws, I'm sure he would help you find a solution to this problem

Stew

Stew is absolutely right. Ian John (Tuffsaws) is a really nice guy and would hate to have a dissatisfied customer.

Jim

yetloh":3eck61k6 said:
Baldhead":3eck61k6 said:
Russell if I were you would contact Ian at Tuffsaws, I'm sure he would help you find a solution to this problem

Stew

Stew is absolutely right. Ian John (Tuffsaws) is a really nice guy and would hate to have a dissatisfied customer.

Jim
+1 I know for a fact Ian has shortened blades he has supplied for at least one customer, not only are his blades excellent, he will advise you what blade you need, even if it's cheaper than the one you 'thought' you needed.

Stew

Back