Portable or bench top planer thicknesser advice needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TH26

Reaction score
Hello, I am look for some advice with getting a planer thicknesser. Due to the limited space in my work room I am after one that isn't difficult to move, so that I can store it out of the way bringing it out when I need it. I have had a look at the Record PT260 but wanted to see if anyone with more experience had any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Got your PM but I am not able to reply. Thank you very much for the help I will certainly have a look at that.

you should be able to reply and send PMs in general now you have made a 3rd post.

A few years ago I had a similar problem. I had a DeWalt planer thicknesser (which was excellent btw!) in my single garage. I ended up getting a mobile base so that I could move it around easily and pull it away from the wall when I needed to use it.

I had a similar stand for my bandsaw as well but it wasn't nearly as sturdy so when I moved the bandsaw around the base would flex slightly and the bandsaw would wobble around making it feel quite unsafe. if I were to buy one again I would spend a reasonable amount on the mobile base and pick one that is very sturdy and ridgid. The last thing you want is 60-100kg of toppling expensive machinery!

PJ

Back