Collection and Delivery of a Big Table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertheeater

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I have just bought a Felder S700 table saw from a private individual Access at either end is not great so a pallet truck will have to be used to get the machine roadside on collection and up a long rough concrete drive the other end. My original plan was to hire a Luton Van with a tail- lift which is how I got My Hammer table saw into its current location. I fear that this saw is a bit too heavy for a Luton tail-lift. The Felder site has the machine listed as 740KG. I would imagine this would be with everything on one pallet. I would disassemble as much as possible but not remove the slider. Not sure if the sliding carriage can be removed but it can be locked into the side of the machine. I think this may still be too heavy for a Luton Tail- Lift.
I have in the past had things put on a pallet at the other end and pallet freighted to me and unloaded kerb side on a tail lift. The driver was grumpy that there was no fork - lift at my end. I could put the machine on a pallet at the sellers end but I fear I would have to wait around all day waiting for the truck to arrive as I'm not sure how much the driver would be willing to drag the machine on a pallet truck. In reality the collection and delivery points are only about 4 miles apart in London
Are there any companies freelancers that could do this with say a 7 1/2 ton truck in one go?
All suggestions happily welcomed.
Thanks
Peter

+1 for Landylift. Give him a ring and if you are not in a desperate hurry you may be able to combine it with another call he has to make and save a few pennies. I found him quite amenable provided he was not out of pocket.

Back