Record Power Sabre 450

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvddvd

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally ordered my new Bandsaw from Yandles.
It took 2 days to arrive, arrived Monday.
I had received a message from Yandles to inspect it as the pallet company had said there could be some damage.
Sure enough after checking it on the back of the delivery wagon the cast iron table which is packed loose had dented the bottom door and smashed the hinges on the door so we didn't bother unloading it and it went back.
After a quick chat with Yandles they dispatched another which was delivered 3 days later, it seemed to be wrapped better. The bandsaws are bolted to a pallet upright with the table loose and then a cardboard box over the top , this time it was cling film wrapped too.
The delivery driver helped me to get it into the garage, we had to put it on a 45 degree angle so it would fit under the door.
Unwrapped it and all was good...now I had to get it into my lean too workshop which had and even shorter door.

So I felt the weight and thought ill never be able to move it..do spent a hour taking doors off, wheels off and the motor which weighed a lot!
I strapped my old skateboard to the spline of it and then holding the top on a 45 degree angle walked it alone to my workshop.
Once through the door laid it down and then lifted it upright, sideways...my ceiling height is only 2000mm but it went up fine.
Fitted motor, wheels and doors back on...fitted a 16amp socket to wall and turned it on

So smooth no rattles or squeaks and it sounded a lot quieter than my old BS300

so overall great machine and great service from Yandles

Last edited:
I think I saw your first model in the despatch shed at Yandles this morning. Looked like it'd had a rough ride with the courier.

I also pressed the button and will take delivery in a couple of weeks, once I've installed the 16a circuit and figured out how I'm going to get it down 2 flights of steps. I have a Heath Robinson scheme in mind with some leftover decking and a borrowed sack barrow....

With the wheels removed, motor removed and the table comes not fitted it was not a dead weight. As I said I just strapped an old skateboard to bottom of the spline and easily walked it...might be different going up or down stairs! The motor must weigh 15-20 kg and cause its side mounted makes the whole thing twist if carrying it like I did. Two bolts to undo and 4 wires to disconnect from the junction box on the motor. It even has a wiring diagram printed on the inside of the lid

Fair play to you for getting it on a skateboard. Mine arrived yesterday and it took 3 of us to get it down the steps, and we broke the sack barrow (allegedly rated for 200Kg) in the process. However now it's installed and working I'm very pleased with it. Even the supplied blade seems to be ok, although I have some Tuff Saw blades to experiment with later.

I had received a message from Yandles to inspect it as the pallet company had said there could be some damage.
Sure enough after checking it on the back of the delivery wagon the cast iron table which is packed loose had dented the bottom door and smashed the hinges on the door so we didn't bother unloading it and it went back.
After a quick chat with Yandles they dispatched another which was delivered 3 days later, it seemed to be wrapped better. The bandsaws are bolted to a pallet upright with the table loose and then a cardboard box over the top , this time it was cling film wrapped too.
The delivery driver helped me to get it into the garage, we had to put it on a 45 degree angle so it would fit under the door.
Unwrapped it and all was good...now I had to get it into my lean too workshop which had and even shorter door.

So I felt the weight and thought ill never be able to move it..do spent a hour taking doors off, wheels off and the motor which weighed a lot!
I strapped my old skateboard to the spline of it and then holding the top on a 45 degree angle walked it alone to my workshop.
Once through the door laid it down and then lifted it upright, sideways...my ceiling height is only 2000mm but it went up fine.
Fitted motor, wheels and doors back on...fitted a 16amp socket to wall and turned it on

My Sabre 350 came packed in one massive box with polystyrene packing I managed to assemble it on the drive then attach the wheel kit and drag it into the garage/ workshop…

Hi,
just checking about the 16 amp supply. Did the 450 saber come with a BLUE male pinned socket?

It comes with a 16a female plug to go into the male socket per the pics

Attachments

• PXL_20230814_171354822.jpg
    PXL_20230814_171354822.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230814_171405973.jpg
    PXL_20230814_171405973.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back