washing machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
New Years Day and the washing machine has gone kaput...

It is 7+ years old so doesn't owe us anything. There are some good deals on freestanding machines, but the current one is integrated. It will fit in the hole, with a couple of mm to spare at the sides. Is there anything else that i need to consider when going from integrated to free standing?

Should be fine as the free standing should also fit a 600 space. If I'm fitting a free standing one on a kitchen fit I like to give it a touch over 600 just so it's easier to pull out if needed.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Have a look at a Hisense - we haven't long bought one. It's a Chinese brand, but most machines are Chinese now anyway. It was cheap - £240 - is quite quiet, has a massive drum and is a piece of pee to use (some need a degree to understand the programming).

If the floor in the gap in the units is lower than the working floor, pack it upto slightly proud. This will help in getting the thing in and out. I made the packing, on those I fitted, of ply to help sliding the washer, anything softer and the feet will dig in.
xy

Back