Sneak peak : Latest backsaw build.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gentleman. I would appreciate your thoughts on the quality of workmanship within this backsaw compared to that of other boutique saw makers work you have seen in the past.

regards Stewie;

Well I haven't handled any of them, so going by the pictures on here.
I say that yours is certainly up there with them.
The fit and finish looks great, the handle in particular looks very good =D>
It needs a "makers mark". That's the only thing I can see you need to add, that's just my opinion though.
Keep up the good work and keep these threads coming please, these tool threads are often the highlight of the forum :D

swagman":bbjweacy said:
Hi Gentleman. I would appreciate your thoughts on the quality of workmanship within this backsaw compared to that of other boutique saw makers work you have seen in the past.

regards Stewie;
:D I don't think there's any need for you to develop an inferiority complex, Stewie.

=P~ Wow! A thing of beauty. =D>
Now... out to the workshop to do some sawing, albeit with something less glamorous.

Think nolegs has summed it up perfectly.

Might just be me but avoid medallions the ones I've seen on newer saws look very poor/cheap when compared to my older examples. Just get the brass back stamped.

If you do go down the medallion route another personal dislike is putting them on 8"/10" saws. Looks horrible to me, who started it ? Bad Axe ?

Mr_P":2mv46c9y said:
Think nolegs has summed it up perfectly.

Might just be me but avoid medallions the ones I've seen on newer saws look very poor/cheap when compared to my older examples. Just get the brass back stamped.

If you do go down the medallion route another personal dislike is putting them on 8"/10" saws. Looks horrible to me, who started it ? Bad Axe ?

Hi Mr P. No plans to include medallions on my backsaws. I just ordered a 10 tonne hydraulic press. A makers stamp for the brass backs is next on the list.

Stewie;

Back