New Closed Handle Design.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David. If it encourages others to try their hand at building their own, then it's been a worthwhile thread.

regards Stewie;

Hi all. As someone who has battled with severe depression over the last 10 yrs , I have become acutely aware of the warning signs.
As such. I am going to trial a 3 month break from making backsaws. My apologies if this causes any inconvenience.

regards Stewie;

swagman":usn3zgqb said:
Hi all. As someone who has battled with severe depression over the last 10 yrs , I have become acutely aware of the warning signs.
As such. I am going to trial a 3 month break from making backsaws. My apologies if this causes any inconvenience.

regards Stewie;

Hi Stewie, you make lovely saws, but you've got to do what you've got to do to get right. All woodworking arguing aside (which isn't "real life", anyway), if you ever need anything online, offline, whatever, let us know what we can do to help.

Don't know if I have ever posted on one of your threads but I have enjoyed following all of them and have a great deal of respect for your craftsmanship. Certainly don't worry about any inconvenience to us, but you will be missed. Hope you beat the black dog.
Paddy

Again, a beautiful looking tool.

The more I see such work the more it inspires me to tackle something similar of my own. I may never achieve your standards Stewie although it is a definate in my woodworking bucket list.

As a rough ball park figure - what are the time frames from start to finish ( the actual work, as I am sure the prep can be as long if not longer) :D

Regards

David

Bluekingfisher":2a2kew55 said:
Again, a beautiful looking tool.

The more I see such work the more it inspires me to tackle something similar of my own. I may never achieve your standards Stewie although it is a definate in my woodworking bucket list.

As a rough ball park figure - what are the time frames from start to finish ( the actual work, as I am sure the prep can be as long if not longer) :D

Regards

David

Hi David. 20hrs for a closed handle backsaw; 16 hrs for an open handle backsaw.

regards Stewie;

Thanks Stewie for the info - I retire next year so time will not be an issue. I'm sure my first attempt may take me a little longer though.

Regards

David

Latest posts

Back