Niki

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How sad he had a way with words and photos for all his great ideas he will be sadly missed,condolences to his family.

That's very sad news - I had no idea he had been ill. A really great bloke who was so generous in sharing his ideas. He will be sadly missed by many.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That's very sad news, he was such a clever,inspirational and enthusiastic man. Rest in Peace Niki.

Mark

Very sad news. Although he hadn't been around much for the past year or so, he's always bought a lot to the forum and he will be missed. :(

Very sad news. I do hope he wife knows what an affect he had on so many people with his bright and innovative ideas.

Andy

I did not even know that he was ill. :shock: It just goes to show that as a member said in Tom's (Wizer) thread elsewhere, any of us can pass away and unless our partner lets the forum know we will just stop posting one day, and if we are lucky every now and again someone may say "What ever happened to so and so?"

Mind you a person like Niki will live on in all the forums he visited around the world by the amazing amount of clever tips and jigs he came up with. Maybe we should put all his work together in one sticky on the Jigs and Tips forum as a sort of way of remembering him, or is that to morbid?

My condolences go out to his wife and family.

Cheers

Mike

Rest in peace Niki, we will always remember you ingenuity and generosity.

Roy.

Hi,

Its a shame, he was full of great ideas he will be missed.

Pete

I was very sad to hear the news of Niki and I think the woodwork forums have lost have lost one of its best and most helpful contributors.

As posted by Mike.C above I would also like to see a permanent thread posted perhaps at the Jigs forum on on our headings board above under "how to".

One of the Australian forum members is going to try and amalgamate Niki's threads from forums around the world and I am sure he will assist anyone here at UKworkshop with any of his findings.

Yes, indeed very sad news.
I remember Niki from Family Woodworking, and the Australian forum.
He posted many ideas about jigs, which I found very clever.
May he rest in peace.
Ad

That is very Sad news. His tips and high quality pictures were first class, a great loss to the community.

I never knew him only seeing his posts here and on other forums but i feel sad that hes passed away he was a very talented man, my condolences to his wife and family

Very sad indeed. A generous bloke, I learned a lot from him. My condolences to his family.

There is an article about him from 2008 here.

Boz

There is a pdf around somewhere of Niki's jigs that he posted on here.
Before all the photo links become inactive I suppose I'd better make sure I've got copies of anything I might want to build in the future.

He will be missed by many I'm sure, though he's left a legacy which will live on.

You might be thinking of the PDF that I made back in 2008. It was called 'The wonderful world of Nikis Jigs.pdf'.

http://ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/the-wond ... kis%20jigs

Can't find it anywhere for the life of me now. It's gone off my webserver and I don't seem to have a backup copy in my Woodworking folder. If anyone downloaded a copy, I'd very much appreciate getting it back.

Niki will be much missed.

Latest posts

Back