Niki

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad news about Niki indeed.

My sincere condolences to his family. He was a great innovator.

I do have a copy of the compilation PDF file that FECN made and am in contact with him about restoring it.

Bob

I remember reading some of his posts and being throughly impressed with the solutions offered.

So sad - hope he's in peace and my thoughts\prayers are with his family.

I have Niki to thank for my own discovery of UKW - I had googled for a jig and Niki's jig on UKW was one of the results.

He will be missed.

My sincere condolences to his wife and family

Dave

Very sad news indeed.

I have a bunch of his threads open as I've building some of his jigs. Reading his posts was always a pleasure as they were so clear and well put together.

This is a great loss to our community. I exchanged many messages with niki and considered him a good friend. His jigs will always be remembered.

PS I collated all of niki's jigs in a post a couple of years ago. It's in the jigs section. Will dig it out later.

How do the pictures get preserved, for members individually, I have heard that photobucket is where many are located and the account if there is one might not be preserved or even sometime photobucket might not be available to the woodworker public at large?

Can a PC expert here describe a method for individuals to save their own content?

A very sad loss to the internet woodworking communities, condolences to Niki's family at this sad time.

A big thank you to Tom, Jim and Bob for there behind the scenes work regarding collating and setting up the PDF file, our very own nikipedia, an excellent idea all round. It's now safely stored on my PC.

Regards

Steve

Argee":25v61ri7 said:
PM sent, John.

Ray

BTW one hour later and no notification of that mail seen, but received with thanks,.

Can I put it on a dvd and not be reliant on any third parties at future viewing?

Very sad, great bloke

Is there someway that Niki's family know how the whole world is reacting to their loss - I feel sure they would be amazed that he has effected so many of us in a positive way.

Yes, links to all the comments from all the forums have been sent to Regina, who has been very touched by them.

Here is a link to another forum with loads of Niki's jigs - some of which you might not have seen before.

Ray

Ray

I've been wondering what to say about Niki because I've used some of his ideas and every time I have used something he designed I have thought of him and how lucky we are to benefit from his generosity and willingness to share his ideas to help others.

I think a defining characteristic of Niki was the modesty with which he offered his designs.

Brendan

I was saddened when heard the news on another forum thanks Devonwoody.

Niki was, is still an insperation simple and inavative jigs for the small or large workshop. I enjoyed everyone he posted here and on a couple of other forums. He made me realise $$$$ tools started with simple ideas.

I want to say to his family you should be proud of him he gave time and inspiration to many he always replied to questions or PM's.

Niki will be in our hearts and minds for years to come.

Ray

Edited Agree/Ray thanks for the PDF yes took ages to down load I have saved all his WWF AU ones also will try doing the same. The only difference will be comments made around the different forums.

I'm a latecomer, I know, but I recently spent several happy hours learning, laughing and generally enjoying Niki's expertise and kindness in sharing it with the rest of us. So many brilliant ideas, from adapting cheap Workmates to simply be wider (and thus far more useful), to the world championship class 'router morticer' (oh, so tempting!). And brilliant and very simple things, like homemade knobs with sandpaper non-slip coatings.

Those who say he lives on in his advice are quite right. I never knew him, but after looking at his postings, I feel I do a little, and that's a good thought.

It's one of those times when I guess we can be grateful for the Internet. so much of what we do and say in life goes unremarked, but at least via forums such as this, the best thoughts and ideas can continue on.

Well done Niki: a life really well lived. Thank you to his family too, for sharing him with us.

Back