Best job?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Forget that bloke stuck on a God forsaken island somewhere off the coast of Oz...this is probably the best job in the world :) - Rob

surely thats only if you like beer.

personally I could think of much better jobs, session musician would rank high on my list.

Steve

Nope the Oz job still does it for me. B L I S S

Tony":2luiuf1j said:
I already have the best job in the world

Nah.

I have!

No boss to tell me what to do, no set hours, getting paid very well to potter about in my workshop all day listening to Radio 4, good company and banter, and an excellent coffee shop next door.

It really doesn't feel like work.

:lol:

Brad

I have the best job in the world.

Two days a week I teach furniture making in the college workshop. The students are keen, hardworking and good. I can spend all day talking about furniture making, helping and advising them, chatting about wood, tools and design and making small items just for fun.

The rest of the week I can spend doing whatever jobs I fancy the look of and I get to sing, dance and act on stage and make all the props and sets for the theatre.

I have time to study a MSc, renovate my house, play with my cats, have a relationship and spend time with my family. Apart from teaching days everything else is as and when I feel like it. I have a few clients who are more then happy to leave me their house keys and money and then decide what they want me to make or do for them.

I don't have lots of money coming in, enough to pay the bills, but I don't see what else there is to spend money on that I don't already have.

I am happily desiging my new bedroom suite and furniture now. :D

Back