Need to escape/reset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingy man is right - just play the game. There are a couple of thoughts which may help:
  • if you are not already a union member, join one now. This is something I did when concerned about my job despite having spent 30+ years working without belonging. I knew that if push came to shove they would feel obligated to provide advice and support.
  • there is a difference between a "service occupancy" and a "tenancy" - I am not sure on what basis you occupy your house. Link clarifies - Property. This could be important as your rights could be very different depending on the basis.
I am not a lawyer, don't know the answers, but would suggest you carefully read and understand your contract of employment and any property documents.

Most internet searches provide commentary on what happens to your right to occupy if you leave the job. Your situation is the reverse - if the school attempt to evict you because of the state of the property could this amount to constructive or unfair dismissal for which compensation could be sought.

The unions (or possibly citizens advice) could be a big help in understanding your obligations and rights.

I sincerely hope you are able to get things sorted.

Latest posts

Back