You asked for photos ! Here they are , Last ones !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi , here are the photos of the Lathe on its new completed stand :p

First up , This is about as slow as it goes , did get it down to 9 rpm :shock:

IMG_1126.jpg

and this is the top speed !!

IMG_1127.jpg

The control box

IMG_1128.jpg

The 2 HP 3 phase motor , Had to lift this with a block and tackle , it weighs a ton :shock:

IMG_1129.jpg

The tool rest , with 1 3/8 " pin :shock: its huge

IMG_1130.jpg

The tail stock assby

IMG_1131.jpg

It fits now 8)

IMG_1132.jpg

and YES my First shavings , The item I mullered fell in there somewhere and I cant find it now :wink:

IMG_1133.jpg

so there it is ,just need to fit the rubber insulation , sorry to keep on about it , last time of posting on this subject , honest

Next ones hopefully will be some items I made , woo hoo :p :p

blister, that looks a very nice lathe, and the stand looks as though it was part of the original set up, unlike me, i have a nice new lathe but no tools yet untill the weekend, well done smashing =D>

OK! You have a realy fancy lathe, a seemingly endless supply of wood, every tool that you could possibly need, plus some you may not, let's see the masterpieces come rolling off. I expect to see a thread...' The Obsession continues Mk 2 :mrgreen:

Seriously, I am so glad it all works now. Enjoy!!

Pete

At first glance , it looks more like a pub game - puts my old Wadkin to shame, it looks more than capable though - enjoy !

Chris.

HEY blister whats all that brown stuff, you didnt say it was sposed to work! i thought it was one of them life long torments, thats just there,good luck fella all the best with your turnings, im really chuffed for you ,,you can end up as daft as the rest of us now ive been living in a 6+4 shed(my tomb) frost bite skin disorders the lot!,i still couldnt turn a corner/ says the missus/ the house is now full of tacky ornaments/works of art,says I,(I HATE ORNAMENTS not telling her that though)

Hi Blister

Only just checked out your recent purchase - a Euro 2000 - congratulations and welcome to turning without belts (only useful for keeping your trousers up :lol: ). The only problem with direct drive is that it makes you lazy when working on other variable speed lathes with belts - you just don't remember there are pulleys and a belt to change :!: .

Latest posts

Back