YANDLES ROAD SHOW & SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
Just heard that Yandles have another Road Show & Sale on the 18th & 19th November.

If you haven't been to a Yandles sale, you may have missed something. Apart from a wide variety of exhibitors, there are demonstrations of various equipment from small to very large and an absolute massive woodyard to look around and load your car or van with.

Usually good discounts on new equipment and with Record demonstrating bandsaws as well as there other equipment, they usually offer discount and fre delivery, so yoiu could save quite a bit if you are looking for larger tools.

I have been a couple of times and its the best I have been to.

Thought you should know if you haven't heard.......................... http://www.yandles.co.uk/

Malcolm

Just to clarify....this is the Record Power Road show rather than the Yandles specific Autumn show which means its really about RP staff coming along to demo their products. It means there wont be the big rake of other exhibitors like their big open days that happen twice a year. Not to pour cold water on the idea because they are doing 15% off the timber at the same time....frankly that alone is worth a visit :)

But just in case anyone got the wrong end of the stick. On the positive side, anyone in the market for a RP product will get the best price its possible to get. They always do their best burn the house down deals at the road shows incl free delivery.

It is also Brimark event, not sure if that makes a difference to anyone, but thought I add that in so people have the full picture. Must admit I did not realise the timber offer happened other than at their two big yearly shows, hmmmm =P~

Terry.

Random Orbital Bob":2bvtr4a1 said:
But just in case anyone got the wrong end of the stick. On the positive side, anyone in the market for a RP product will get the best price its possible to get. They always do their best burn the house down deals at the road shows incl free delivery.

Can you guarantee that Bob? Only a friend went to a Record show earlier in the year but ended up getting a better deal on a RP lathe & chuck from D&M

Doug B":3anufin2 said:
Random Orbital Bob":3anufin2 said:

Can you guarantee that Bob? Only a friend went to a Record show earlier in the year but ended up getting a better deal on a RP lathe & chuck from D&M

Well that's interesting. My experience has been (BS400, Startrite SD300 and CL4 at various times) the best prices have always been at their tour dates. In fairness I've always haggled over the free delivery, but they've always conceded. Two of those were from the D&M show (at different times) and the bandsaw from Paskins....always on the tour dates though. Maybe D&M were getting shot of old stock?? Was the lathe a CL4 and if so did it have MT1 or 2? it's just that they've upgraded it recently to MT2 and M33/3.5 spindle so may have been discounting the older stock?

It was on one of their new recently revamped lathes, apparently he did haggle as he knew the D&M price which included free P&P & they wouldn't budge on that either, hence him ordering it from D&M

Hey ho...that's the first I've heard that RP allow their dealers to stray from the published show prices. They've always seemed very rigid in the past, ie same prices from all outlets on the show days. The only wriggle room I've ever found is in the free delivery. Just goes to show...always worth negotiating because you just never know.

Back