Whos ya daddy - and what plugins do you use :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetWayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok,
forgetting the first bit - :) - I was interested in what Sketchup plugins people use here?

I've only a few that I've picked up over a while,

• Cut List Generator - Picked that one up from here - gives a list of component blanks ready for cutting (or ordering!)
    Kerkythea - Exports your model to Kerkythea for full on photo (ish) raytracing.
    Onion Dome - Creates domes - think of Aladdin, and the roofs of the towers in the Kings Palace. Onion Domes :)
    Bezier Curves - Draws Curves :)
    and DrawHelix - to creates spirals.

Cheers
Wayne.

Which "cutlist generator"?

Purge All
Bezier
Tube Along a Path
Joint Push/Pull
Soap Skin bubble
Unfold
points_cloud_triangulation.rb
pathcopy.rb
hypersnap.rb
divide_cpoint.rb
CALC.rb
CenterPointTool.rb
bezierspline.rb
Bezierspline.zip
bez-patch.rb
BZ__BSplineU.rb
BZ__CubicBezier.rb
BZ__Divider.rb
applyTo.rb
TextTag.rb
time.rb
timetrack.rb
weld.rb

Shultzy":332rdahr said:
Dave, you've forgotten the AskDaveR.rb, very useful but I guess you are too advanced for it :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: No, I'm not too advanced for it but when I use it, SWMBO accuses me of talking to myself. :lol: :wink:

I wish I could make sketchup work for me.
Dave You've tried it still makes no sense. Give me pen n paper any day.

Cheers Mike

Hiya Dave,
The cut list plug in I have is 'Cut List and Materials 3.3'

seems to work so far (well I've just ordered a chunk of wood off it so I hope so!)

curiously - whats Soap Skin and Points Cloud all about? Exotic wood carving maybe ?

As a bit of an idea - could we have a 'sticky post' with plugin examples and downloads? - can ukworkshop host pictures or do we have to rely on flickr or an external site? (I've got a gallery space if we need it). I saw a recent one with TubeAlongPath with the pie crust example you did the other day.

Thats if everyone's up for it ?

Cheery

Wayne.

Erm,

Excuse the complete lack of knowledge ( but I am trying ](*,) ), but do any of these plug-in's work with apple macs?

oh, and what's a plug in? :roll:

Decklan

whoops!":kjo2os6d said:
Erm,

Excuse the complete lack of knowledge ( but I am trying ](*,) ), but do any of these plug-in's work with apple macs?

oh, and what's a plug in? :roll:

Decklan

Yes, these plugins work on Mac. Plugins extend the abilities or automate operations in SketchUp.

Wayne, Points Cloud reads a text file of coordinates and places guide point (construction points). It will also triangulate between the points if desired. It was intended for enter geographic data to generate topography. I use it for things like locating holes when there are a lot of them.

Soap Skin bubble creates compound curves among other things. I used it to draw the headboard in the following images.

sleighbed4.jpg

compoundcurve.jpg

thanks for that Dave, don't want to massage your ego or anything....but that's damned impressive!! I will be checking this forum out more, I'm usually stuck in the tools section.

I have no real issue with the making of things, but always critisize myself for lack of diverse design. I find myself often limited by a detailed plan, I do draw plans out, but the form tends to take on a more linear shape. This will be a great learning curve if I can get to grips with all the computer stuff.

Problem is computers tend to make me go bug eyed!! :shock:

Decklan.

ddashk":3fwvuegh said:
how is soapskin different from sandbox?

The Sandbox tools are designed for doing terrain sorts of drawings. Soapskin is designed to stretch skin between edges like stretching a tent over a frame.

Sandbox only works horizontally, too.

Back