Who Said Measure Twice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've been making a television cabinet for a friend of mine over the last couple of weeks out of AWO. The cabinet has three drawers as well as the space for the DVD recorder.

Cut all the material for the drawers and last week I dovetailed two of them together, tidied them up and did the final tweaking for a nice snug fit, all there's left to do on these two is the drawer fronts.

Yesterday I dovetailed the other one together and left the glue to dry overnight. Went to do a dry fit this morning and found out that it was to wide, although I'd sized the wood for the other two I'd not completely finished this one. So Looks like I'll have to make a new drawer tomorrow.

Must be my age.

Funnily enough they do do. . . . . .

festool_tape.jpg

dont worry they are only £13 they have a couple of good gadgets on them too, a built in compass pin for drawing circles and you can measure internal sizes ie an alcove width and it shows the exact size in a window. I havent bought one yet but im sure i will one day :lol: i think they are made for festool by BMI who do the exact same tape but in red.

I Have the BMI version (in red). The fold-out compass pin isn't retained very reliably and the push-to-lock function isn't too hot either. Maybe the green version is different is this respect - but I doubt it, as the picture looks identical.

It is handy to be able to take a direct reading from the transparent window, rather than having to try and read how much to add on for the case body, if only because both Stanleys I own have the body size embossed in tiny writing that I can't read without a good light and glasses.
I suppose I should memorize such things, but my brain is too full of other rubbish, like the two hundred odd passwords one needs these days in order to do anything.

Chems":2bgcssag said:
Funnily enough they do do. . . . . .

festool_tape.jpg

Does anyone own one of these? Im looking for a new tape measure and I like the look of this one. Is it plastic? how sturdy is it?

Back