what is 'Flexi Veneer' sold by SL Hardwoods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddsocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I was investigating flexi ply for a friend and noticed on the SL Hardwoods page that they have flexi veneer as well http://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/SheetMaterialsOrder.aspx?ID=21
it says its 0.6mm thick but gives no other dimensions. What makes it different to normal veneer and has anyone examples of how they have used it?

I was looking as an arched doorway needed lining with wood.

Thanks

Dave

Its leaves of veneer that have been edge jointed and then bonded to a paper backing, saves you having to shoot the edges of 8ft lengths of veneer. comes in 8x4 sheets

Its no more or less flexible than standard veneer.

Jason

I purchased a variant of this called Decoflex from Lathams. I had a 8x4 sheet of ABW veneer onto a paper backing. The only difference with Decoflex is that the longitudinal fibres have been broken so the panel is much more flexible in both directions.

I thought it was excellent, very easy to work with and greay is you don't have the knowledge, tools or confidence to make big veneered panels. It is a tad pricy, my sheet was about £130 I think.

Would get it again if I needed it.

Latest posts

Back