• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wanted Dewalt DW746 table saw fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the machines themselves are rare I'd have thought a complete fence really very rare. do you have the saw with no fence? fence rails?

I would think you have to search in the U.S. Out of interest does the saw have a 5/8 " arbour for a dado blade ?

the machines themselves are rare I'd have thought a complete fence really very rare. do you have the saw with no fence? fence rails?
I have the front part which locks onto the bar only the fence part missing the guy I bought of somehow lost the fence part hope that makes sense I was hoping someone might have upgraded their fence it’s a long shot

that part was changed during its life. try spares places. it's a decent fence but if you can't get it try a biesemeyer.

The front bar on the 746 is round whereas most US type saws have a square/ rectangular bar. ( I have a 746 imported from the U.S.) If you can't find a fence it might be possible to change to bar to take a standard Biesemeyer or similar.

I reckon it could be fabricated with not so much fuss. but I'd search out a spare from suppliers in the US first. its not been made for many years. I've always found it a superb multi purpose saw mines on 52 inch rails with all bells. but Americans thought it was a bit cheap and nasty(not sure if that reflects amazon reviews or the American buyer certainly not the saw) I brought the dado insert used from the states. in the 20 years I've had mine only the capacitors have been changed.

here's a profile pic so you can see that largely unnecessary twin fence.

Attachments

• 20230904_090315.jpg
    20230904_090315.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back