VOTE! Metric or imperial screws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metric or imperial woodscrews?

• I prefer to use metric woodscrews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer to use imperial woodscrews

• I have no preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inventor

Established Member
Reaction score
OJ innocently asked
OJ":1ojxvbnm said:
Have most people moved to metric screws?
but perhaps understimates the number of flames he might receive here on measurement units. So, let's have a VOTE!

Now, if only I can get this voting feature to work...

Depend if you are talking purely sizes in which case there is not a lot of difference.

If on the otherhand you are talking about modern screws being fully threaded, lubricated, hardened steel, easy start points, self countersinking, pozi etc heads that suit power drivers then the metrics win hands down with me.

Jason

I too use a mixture of both - I inherited loads of boxes a while ago which are mainly imperial. When I buy new boxes I use metric.

To make things a bit clearer I write the closest metric equivalent on the imperial boxes.

The other annoying thing is I always seem to be lacking the size of screw I need for the job in hand.

MisterFish

Thanks to everyone who voted! As you can probably see from the results above, 60% of voters who expressed a preference opt for metric screws, 40% for imperial. 35% of all voters had no preference, or maybe use both, or something. At least the voting technology works!

Back