Two stroke engines, opinion sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered a walk-behind strimmer? I always seem to twist when I use a conventional strimmer + harness, which hurts my back. I bought a walk-behind strimmer and it has been amazing. Loads of power, bigger cutting area, no back pain. I got mine second hand for £60 and they are about £500 for a new one. Highly recommended.
Funny you should say that! There is a Hayter walk-behind being sworn at outside! It was being chucked out by son-in-law's employers, so he rescued it to maintain paths in the village. Great when it works, but it has a Tecumseh engine which doesn't seem to match any of the model lists and after being a pig to start for several years has finally died completely. Hardly any spark, so I bought what was supposed to be the right ignition module. It didn't fit properly, but with some judicious grinding of the centre leg, it fitted physically, but still only produced a useless spark. It's the third Tecumseh I've encountered and after each one I've sworn never to touch another!

Back