Triton on rails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnimble

Established Member
Reaction score
No, not some kind of race or show. A Triton TSA001 on a set of guide rails, to be more precise an EZ smart guide rail. Why the heavy triton? Of the saws seen (over here) its the only one (except the very expensive Festool and Protool (closely related to Festool) saws) of which the blade angle does not vary while cutting. This due to too thin materials used (thin stamped metal base and motor brackets, plastic height and angle mechanism, gaps in joints).And maybe later on some table mounted use.

Would the large or the normal smart base be more fit? How would the thick EZ extrusion handle the 'obese' Triton?

I think you may need the larger EZ base for the Triton CS. The EZ extrusion would handle it without any problems. Dino once demonstrated using the rails as a ramp for his Fiat to drive up.

Definitely the larger base.

I have a Hitachi C9U2 (also a 9 1/4" saw) and have had the Triton - the Triton was a much heavier beast and the Hitachi needs the large base.

Also, I think plenty of saws can handle cutting straight (like my Hitachi).

wizer":20wwehni said:
I think you may need the larger EZ base for the Triton CS. The EZ extrusion would handle it without any problems. Dino once demonstrated using the rails as a ramp for his Fiat to drive up.
Cool! apearntly missed that one :shock: that's quite a few pounds

Mike Bremner":nzvlxo55 said:
Definitely the larger base.

I have a Hitachi C9U2 (also a 9 1/4" saw) and have had the Triton - the Triton was a much heavier beast and the Hitachi needs the large base.

Also, I think plenty of saws can handle cutting straight (like my Hitachi).

On rails certainly a straight cut, but not a perpendicular to the face cut. There also seems to be a large difference in available models and quality between countries. For instance your Hitachi C9U2 isn't on the hitachi site only the C6BU2, C6U2, C7BU2, C7MFA (which hasn't got a splitter / riving knife), C7U2 and C13U.

How could for instance a saw cut repeatable if the motor is attached to the height adjustment by a groove in the plastic casting and a platsic latch? For when the angle adjustment mechanism is pivot point is just a 4mm hollow rivet in a 4.5mm hole. Or the height adjustment pivot point parts have over a mm sideward play? Or the height adjustment scale on which the tightening knob is mounted on is slid loosely in a groove in the base?

Back