Trend airshield battery mod- trying to get someone back in t

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
what started off as a customer but then turned into a pal, kept saying one of several reasons he couldn't get back in the workshop was because his trend air charger had gone missing plus he didn't have any thick rubbish bags to empty the rubbish that had accumulated over the years. Rubble sacks was an easy fix and next up was the air filter.
7ahyhu7a.jpg

the old nicd battery back was held together with black insulation tape and it appeared more cost effective to just switch to normal 1.2v rechargeable aa's. I cut the plug from the old battery then soldered it onto the replacement holder
qarenyny.jpg

It fits snug in the hole and think it's probably best if the holders removable from the wire when taking out the batteries - the batteries are a tight squeeze in the holder ! Cost less than 3 quid cause he's already got batteries and charger :)

Cheers

Coley

Very good.

Regarding the rechargeable AA's, I've recently switched over to Sanyo Eneloop as a friend recommended them. AAA's as well. Have a google for them. They leave all other AA and AAA far behind.

I wonder how long it'll be before normal aa's in lithium are similarly priced to nimh. The price for replacement charger was £24, and the cheapest battery I could find was £17, so it was quite a saving- just wish he'd start using the ruddy thing now :lol:

dickm":15psu1hj said:
Have also seen rave reviews about the Eneloops, but they've not proved that brilliant in digital camera. No better than Jessops own brand for me.

That's strange because digital cameras was the reason we got them in the first place and the difference was huge.

There is a version called Eneloop Lite. They are not suited to cameras.

Latest posts

Back