Tool identification help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornishgiant

Established Member
Reaction score
As you may have seen from my fore sale threads I am in the process of disposing of my father's woodworking equipment. I have come across a few more things and I have no idea what they, was wondering if you guys could help? :roll: :oops:

1) What on earth is this? :?:
wookworkingstuff1561.jpg

wookworkingstuff1571.jpg

wookworkingstuff1581.jpg

2) And this? :?: Seems brand new in it's wax paper
wookworkingstuff1551.jpg

3)Now I'm not completely dumb, this is a Leigh Dovertail Jig (there's a bloody label on it what says!!) :wink: :oops: . But is anyone able to tell me which of the following things belong with it? Sorry if some of the pictures aren't too clear, but I didn't want to unwrap things that look ike they have never been removed from the packets. All help gratefully received!

wookworkingstuff1641.jpg

wookworkingstuff1651.jpg

wookworkingstuff1611.jpg

wookworkingstuff1621.jpg

wookworkingstuff1631.jpg

wookworkingstuff1601.jpg

Thanks all!

The bottom bit doesnt belong with the leigh jig. The rest will- those bits of wood are probably bridging pieces. You can probably still download the user manual from the leigh site to check that everything is present.

1. is a micrometre.

2. Is some sort of protractor

Working from the last picture it is a router fence, looks like my Elu one, then is two parts from a table saw, looks like my Kity and third looks like two table saw fences.

Mick

Actually, yes I agree with Mick re the tablesaw bits. If you are disposing of them, could I have some pictures of the last but 1 picture- particularly the cross section. It looks like just the part I am looking for on my kity saw!

MickCheese":sgytshc5 said:
1. is a micrometre.

2. Is some sort of protractor

Working from the last picture it is a router fence, looks like my Elu one, then is two parts from a table saw, looks like my Kity and third looks like two table saw fences.

Mick
Dad used to have a kitty table saw so that would make sense for the last few pictures.

Thanks

i think those are probably upgrades to the original jig. Leigh tend to offer them when they make mods to the jigs so you can bring them up to the latest model.

MickCheese":33zlpbgb said:
Just had another look and I think the aluminium bit with the tape on is the short rail for a Kity tablesaw to use when the extension table is removed.

Mick

If it is, it is exactly what I am after!

Those are definitely Kity 419 saw rails - I have an identical pair sitting in a box.

Bottom pic in first post looks like a router fence.

Si.

marcros":3m5w811x said:
MickCheese":3m5w811x said:
Just had another look and I think the aluminium bit with the tape on is the short rail for a Kity tablesaw to use when the extension table is removed.

Mick

If it is, it is exactly what I am after!

I'll hapily sell them, just so long as we are sure that those 2 bits are the only bits and nothing is missing!

They should be the only bits. I would guess that your dad bought the extension tables, so used the longer ones that are supplied with the kit. These look new, so were probably never fitted. The nuts from the fixings slide in the slot, so there really isn't anything that could be missing. Are they both the same profile? the one with the tape on is definitely what I need. There should be another one, probably without the tape on. If you dont have that one, it isnt a problem. Could you PM me a price?

Back