Todays effort....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thought i'd share this with you....

A friend of swm's'bo has an elderly friend and wanted a pen made as a birthday gift. Out of all the samples i showed her she picked the cheapest kit and one of the most expensive blanks..... :? :shock:

Anyway..... here it is (please excuse the poor quality of pic. only just done it in the kitchen using err kitchen lighting and the flash on the camera)

its a slimline kit and a purply swirly blank from TR....

However.... what i need is a nice velvet purple pouch to go with it. I've only got red ones left at the moment, and dont want to buy either a pack of ten, or an assortment of colours, just for one pouch.

Sooooo..... (at the risk of getting knuckles smacked by mods) i'm asking if there's anyone out there who's got and willing to swap a purple for a red one..? In fact i'm also working on an ebony pen at the moment as well, and will be after a black pouch for that one. Same as above.... dont want to buy a batch of black, just for one pouch. Anyone out there with a (new) purple & a black velvet pouch is willing to swap for 2 x (new) red pouches..?

As always comments are welcomed on my efforts at making a gift..... (hammer)

Nick

Looks good to me. If that is one of those Axminster slimline kits (sorry, can't remember exactly what they look like but it looks similar) be warned that the plating comes off very quickly... I was not impressed at all. I have a pile of kits that I need to bin - should have returned them really but too late now.

BM

Cheers Bogmonster....

These are Turners Retreat kits, normally buy my gear from them, and in all the years i've been making and selling pens i've never had a problem.

Nick

Good to know. If I decide to make some more pens I an certainly going to look for better kits than last time :)

BM

Back