The South and West Wales Woodturning Club

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooberbear

Reaction score
Hello.

I have recently bought a woodturning lathe (and just joined the forum) and would like to join a local group of turners. I understand that the club mentioned above met at Alltwen near Pontardawe but I can find no current information on the web. Does anyone know if the club is still active, where they meet, who to contact etc. If not, is there another club in the vicinity (Ystradgynlais, Neath, Pontardawe)?

Many thanks

Hi
With a username of Hooberbear I am guessing you are the guy who came to look at my lathe in Clydach when I was selling it on e-bay. :)

I am a member of this club, which meets every Monday evening (except bank Holidays) at 7PM at The Alltwen Community Centre on Dyffryn Road (SA8 3BY).

The club is keen to attract new members so you will be made welcome. Just turn up and say hello.

I went for a couple of weeks to see what it was like before paying my membership.

Will maybe see you there.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, yes guilty as charged.

I no longer had your contact number so, if I was unsuccessful on this site, would've called round sometime. Thanks for the info, I know where the Community Centre is, and I will plan to appear next Monday - see you there.

All the best, Nigel

Back