Sunday 28th is the Surrey Association of Woodturners Open da

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebrac

Established Member
Reaction score
Surrey Association of Woodturners Open Day

A show aimed predominantly at woodturners by woodturners, or anyone interested in wood. There will be a wide range of attractions for visitors including demonstrations by professional turners Mark Baker & Les Thorne, demonstrations on Wood Colouring, and Wood Piercing by Arty Crafty Woodturning, trade stands including , Simon Hope Woodturning, John Davis, Surrey Timbers, Flutterby Crafts, wood sale, competitions and more.

One day only. Doors open 10:30 AM till 4:00 PM

Mytchett Community Centre, 140 Mytchett Road, Camberley, Surrey GU16 6AA
Sunday 28 Oct 2012

I will be there as it's just up the road from me, I went last year and although not the largest venue I found it very good. I enjoyed the demo's and picked up a couple of bit's and pieces so well worth it for me.

Steve

Hmmm, I could do with a couple of bits and pieces too, might have to drop in again. Went last year and was quite small and the demo's hard to see, but fun though and not so far away.

Cheers, Paul

it would be good to see you there come and say hello l will have the badge on that says Chairman

Just got back and as usual spent too much money, managed to watch a couple of demo's and picked up a slab of spalted beech, a few smaller bits and bobs and a couple of Simon Hope Handles which I find superb quality. A big thanks to the organisers of today and as I said previously it's not the biggest venue but I find it one of the better events and enjoy it each year.

Regards

Steve

Mark Baker's platter demo was interesting, sat and watched that for a while, and Les Thorne is always entertaining.

Picked up a Simon Hope sanding arbour and pads, and some Chestnut finish sprays and managed to resist anything else but it was an effort !

Shame Phil Irons and Axminster didn't make it, and as Steve says it is quite small, but well worth going to if you aren't too far away, maybe even if you are, to pick up supplies and see some top notch demonstrators.

Cheers, Paul

Latest posts

Back