SS GIFT VIEWING 2013

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyT":3hnbqg68 said:
Richard T":3hnbqg68 said:
rxh's infill thread:

infill-smoothing-plane-project-t69460.html

12th night .... Where are the last SS pics? (hammer)

Thanks Richard, I really should have remembered that thread - I posted on it 3 times! :oops:

I knew it was a thread.
Stunning plane and routers, I love the trade mark shape to the front bun and the wings (handles of the router)

TT

sorry for the delay, and for the rubbish photos... seemingly my phones camera is not very good.

Thanks whoever sent this :) I was amazed when I opened it and it will certainly come in handy. It's not made it across to the workshop as yet but it will do so soon

Attachments

• IMG-20140105-00334.jpg
    IMG-20140105-00334.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG-20140105-00335.jpg
    IMG-20140105-00335.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG-20140105-00336.jpg
    IMG-20140105-00336.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,166
rafezetter, AndyT, Mr_P & TT: - thanks for your kind comments.

Mr_P: yes the infill in the plane is still padauk. It just gets darker and darker...

Very impressive plane build - I had missed that thread originally, amazing work. I like the padauk as it darkens - I have a blank in the workshop and never knew what to do with it as it looks too cheerful for me when first cut, mellows very nicely though. I'll find a use for it now.

Sophie, please wish your dad all the best for a speedy recovery. I hope he is back home soon.

Mark.

Sophie

Please pass on my best wishes to your dad, lets hope for a speedy recovery.
Also thanks for taking the time to post his SS gift.

:oops: It was me.

I got some great help from this forum with how the Veritas ones were put together. Now the cat is out of the bag I will try to put together a WIP

James

Thankyou

workmanship was fantastic
will treasure it :D
take a bow and be very proud

Steve

That banksia nut. This one:
ss_banksia.jpg

now looks like this:
banksia_vase.jpg

A devil of a thing to turn on a pole lathe ! I first cut off the ends, and drilled a shallow 1" hole in one end to fit it to a mandrel so that I could smooth off the outside without shredding my drive cord. Safety specs on to avoid the shrapnel everywhere - at least I could do it outdoors ! Then took the mandrel away, and use the hole made by the lead screw of the brace bit for the centre, turn the outside and the inside of the neck, then finally drill the inside out to 1" diameter to just short of the bottom. No sanding; the finish is straight from the skew chisel with a wipe over with linseed oil A jolly tough nut ! I bet not many have turned one of these on a pole lathe. I'm not brave enough to show it to the woodturning section ...

Attachments

• ss_banksia.jpg
    ss_banksia.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 101
  • banksia_vase.jpg
    banksia_vase.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 101
Wow that turned out nice!

I have one that I keep looking but not worked up the courage to do.

Pete

that is a fantastic use of that nut :D

I wasn't expecting it see light of day :oops:

I reckon the woodturning brigade would like that

could of even entered it in competition....something pierced

Steve

Sorry, everyone for the delay. I was attempting to get my daughter to go through the posting of pictures with me, (computers and me being mortal enemies) when I was sent to hospital at quite short notice. As it happened, I'd just bought a rather nice tenon saw with the worst set of teeth I've ever seen, so I shall have to brush up on sharpening, not that these two need it.

Back