Spare a prayer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just listened to the soldiers talking on this BBC report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5062828.stm

As an ex-infantryman, it's pretty impressive. These young men were dropped into hostile territory, fired at some 10 seconds after landing, and spent 6 hours in a running fight with Taleban forces. They killed 21 at the cost of no injuries at all. That is both very, very impressive, and very, very scary. If you listen to the audio on that website, it was obviously pretty wild.

Regardless of one's political views, which is not for this board, these are very young men (some fresh out of training...) from our towns and villages. Having been there, I know that every little expression of support makes a difference. Don't forget them...

gotta admire their professionalism... no OO rahhh nno gumg ho.. "it's what we were trained to do."..just doing our jobs"..

another day in the office for 3 para..

still think they're nuts for wanting t jump outa perfectly healthy aircraft that are gonna land anyway... ;)

Midnight":1xfeclo8 said:
still think they're nuts for wanting t jump outa perfectly healthy aircraft that are gonna land anyway

and somewhere safe if those RAF boys have any say in it!

nuts for wanting t jump outa perfectly healthy aircraft that are gonna land anyway

I agree with much that has been said here re supporting the lads doing a job that, frankly, I wouldn't want to do. I think, though I may be wrong, that British airborne forces haven't jumped from aircraft into a war theatre scince Arnhem...its just a very inexact way to place troops on the ground.
I work for the MOD in an Army Commcen and some of the remarks about those RAF boys strike a faint chord, according to my colleagues....especially about walking sideways..... :) Rob

Rob":3pe51dru said:
I think, though I may be wrong, that British airborne forces haven't jumped from aircraft into a war theatre scince Arnhem...its just a very inexact way to place troops on the ground.

Some of the boys from round here do - but then its not always a 'war theatre' that they get involved in.

Cheers

Tim

Dad was in the Black Watch( did his jumping) back in WWII. All the best to the boys and give em' h*ll!

af787e0c0a79689aea5e4b8f21321d6e.jpg

Dad's on the left, uncle was RAF.

Back