sourcing worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive got a job on at the moment and the client wants a duropal worktop that was discontinued back in 2008. Anyone know of anywhere that would have old stock maybe ?

The colour is F7710TC Green Epave this was then edge with a solid maple edge by the original kitchen company.

An alternative they have chosen is white beech parquet with a solid maple edge so at least the edge matches the existing kitchen.

If anyone has any other options please let me know. They don't want Corian, granite etc etc as they like the fact the duropal worktops are hardwearing.

Chris

Discontinued by who, it seems Duropal still list it. You just have to find somone to supply it.

Chrispy":1qmcmv21 said:
Discontinued by who, it seems Duropal still list it. You just have to find somone to supply it.

Duropal say themselves that its discontinued

Similar problem to this old pos, so resurrecting it. I need to match an existing Duropal worktop, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern number or other identification anywhere on it. Nearest thing I can find in their current catalogue is Light Marble R6254TC, but that is supposed to be a textured finish, and the one I have is smooth.
Any helpful comments? The original is about 4 years old.

Can you cut a section out and take it to a duropal dealer. I had to go for the white beech top in the end as I couldn't get the matching top.

dickm":3dhswl6b said:
Similar problem to this old pos, so resurrecting it. I need to match an existing Duropal worktop, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern number or other identification anywhere on it. Nearest thing I can find in their current catalogue is Light Marble R6254TC, but that is supposed to be a textured finish, and the one I have is smooth.
Any helpful comments? The original is about 4 years old.

Is it definitely a Durapal worktop? We have dozens of swatches, and tend to use International Decorative Services (IDS) for a matching service.

The others that we use are local to us in Birmingham and will be of no use to you.

Mark-numbers":2pmodjqd said:
Is it definitely a Durapal worktop? We have dozens of swatches, and tend to use International Decorative Services (IDS) for a matching service.

The others that we use are local to us in Birmingham and will be of no use to you.
Thanks for that. Yes, it's definitely Duropal (stamped on it) and Duropal are quite adamant that they don't even make that surface finish any more, let alone the particular pattern. Interestingly, there is a web page somewhere which lists the styles they have discontinued, some of which it appears were only introduced in 2013.
We're beginning to think we may just have to change the whole lot, but can't agree what we want to change to :( . Going to try Nu-style in Bridge of Don who seem to be the local experts, so just have to hope that SWMBO and self can agree on something that doesn't cost the earth.

Duropal often stop producing a worktop if it fails to sell in any kind of volume.

18 months ago, I put a newly available Duropal worktop on an Island display in my showroom. It was fabricated in Germany with a matching PVC 2mm edge, internal and external curved corners. ( It is just a bit smaller than a Snooker Table) It was really popular with my clients and I did loads of jobs supplying and fitting them.

I got a new sample swatch from Duropal recently, only to find that its now "No Longer Available".......Gutted!!!!!

So now, I have got to choose another colour and hope that it sells well for Duropal, otherwise I could be looking to replace it again in 18 months........all at my expense !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back