Small clock inerts ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i am thinking of making some items with clocks inserted into them.

My question is, does anyone know a good place to buy clocks like this, I have looked at good old Axminster, but am looking for cheaper ones,if that's possible. I need to be able to sell these things, but the prices that I have seen would put the sale price too high to be able to sell any.

Any ides would be great.

Sorry to be such a miser, but I am one...........lol...

Leo

You could try the 'Turners Retreat,' Like Axy, they are not cheap but they are very good, failing that try looking on e-bay. I don't know where you plan to sell them but I would avoid selling things to shops if this is your first venture. Ideally you want to sell direct to the public.

Thanks Geoff,

I sell them on my artesano stall in Haria and Teguise in Lanzarote, I agree shops not only take a big cut, but also close down and leave you with no stock.

Off to look at what you recommended for me.

Leo

I get mine from Everglades. It's a long time since I bought any but they proved to be significantly cheaper than woodwork supply shops.

Hello Leo....... I have made heaps of clocks (with inserts) over the years and most of the inserts I have bought off The Wooden Teddybear. Prices are pretty reasonable. Standard 50mm ones are around $8.00 US. (plus postage, of course, but I found that pretty reasonable too). woodenteddybearonline.com

Noel

Just ordered 10 from woodenteddybearonline.

Thank you for the info guys, much appreciated, I,ll post some pics when I,ve made the items.

Leo

Latest posts

Back